When Sophia woke up, I replayed some of the scenes for her. She was fully engaged in the whole thing as soon as I told her that a princess was marrying a prince. She watched in awe as Kate rode to the wedding, waving at her subjects. She gasped as Kate got out of the car and her dress was revealed for the first time. She giggled when Kate & William kissed on the balcony.
As I turned the channel to the local news, Sophia disappeared, only to reappear a few minutes later wearing this:
"Sophia, you look so pretty!" I exclaimed.
"I'm NOT Sophia! I'm Princess Kate." She pranced around the house, twirling her princess dress and then realized she didn't have a carriage to be carried around in. So, she disappeared again. This time, returning on a toy car (aka. her carriage).
Another lightbulb went off in her head: She had no prince. "Oh no!" I thought. "Jacob isn't going to like this." But the only thing that bothered Jacob was that he didn't have "prince clothing". So he had to make due with his pajamas and bedhead. And just like that, our home became Buckingham Palace.
No comments:
Post a Comment