WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Big 3-0!!

Some people hate the idea of turning 30. Some love it. Me? I'm indifferent. I might be entering a new decade, but I still feel like I'm 24. And how you feel is better than how old you really are, right!?! So, for the past couple months, I've begged Craig NOT to make a big deal out of my birthday. No parties. No embarrassing spectacles. Just a quiet dinner with Craig & the kids & I'd be happy.

So, when I woke up Friday morning, all was at it should be, until Craig came down and asked what I had planned for the day. "Not much, I guess." His response? "Good. Why don't you go upstairs and pack. We're leaving for Chicago in 3 hours". I was in total shock!! But within 3 hours, we had the kids dropped off at Nana & Bapa's and we were in the air and on our way to the Windy City.

We got a room at the W Hotel right on Lake Superior, overlooking Navy Pier. And after what seemd like a whirlwind of great dinners, visiting with friends, and a shopping trip on Michigan Avenue, we were on our way back home. It was such a great weekend! And it was the perfect way to ring in another year...right next to my best friend. Thank you, hon, for a fabulous birthday! I love you!
Dinner at The Capital Grill with Fred, Leslie, Stephen & Leigh
Out on Navy Pier
Craig in front of the Chicago skyline

No comments:

Post a Comment