WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Monday, October 12, 2009

I Still Have My Tongue

Jacob is anticipating his first upcoming dentist appointment. And even though, as parents, we often try to avoid projecting our own fears & misgivings on to them, sometimes we do. And that's what I've done. After several traumatic experiences at the dentist growing up, I have avoided going myself for over 8 years. YIKES!

A few weeks ago, when I made Jacob's dentist appointment, he said "How come I have to go to the dentist? I've never seen you go!"...BUSTED! And so, I made an appointment to see the dentist myself to prove to Jacob that going to the dentist really isn't that bad.

This morning, I was half sick...driving to the dentist. With thoughts of drills, cavities and novacane dancing in my head. Much to my relief, I had no cavities...and no lectures. YAY! When I got home from the dentist, Jacob came running up to me.

"Can I see your teeth, Mommy?"
I flashed him my polished, pearly whites.
"Wow...they're really nice. But do you still have your tongue!?!"
"Yep"...as I stuck my tongue out at him.
"Oh good. For a second there, I thought they had taken it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment