This was the weekend! After days of prepping Jacob and packing absolutely NO diapers in our bag, we made our way up to the cabin for Memorial Day weekend with one goal in mind...POTTY TRAINING!! Fortunately, my mom was there, because after his 2nd accident in a row, I was ready to give up. Now, I'm not normally one to roll over and give up, but Jacob is about as stubborn as they come! And when he deliberately waits to pee on the carpet, after he sat on the toilet for 10 minutes...one has their doubts! I honestly thought that I would be changing his diaper until he was 10. But my mom helped keep my head on, and worked with Jacob to start by peeing on a rock. And, boy, was that great!! By the time the weekend was over, he had mastered peeing on trees, tractor tires, the deck, firepit...and, yes, the toilet. But in a 48 hour period, Jacob had only 1 accident. HURRAY!! And he LOVES his big boy underwear. We're so proud of you, Jacob!
He's got a little captain in him
What a big boy!!
He'll hate me for this later, but WHAT A CUTE BUTT!!!
* * *
I think my favorite part about potty training was trying to get Jacob to know when he had to go to the bathroom. For some reason, he had a hard time separating himself from the need "to go". So, I would tell him to ask his penis if it had any pee in it. The whole weekend he would walk around with his pants off, stop whatever he was doing, bend over, and say, "Penis, do you have any pee in there?" Then looking up at me, "No, Mommy, he said there isn't any pee in there!".
No comments:
Post a Comment