WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Discipline...

No matter how hard I try to stay stern during discipline, Jacob always manages to crack a smile on my face. Tonight, after a long evening of disobeying, we sent Jacob to his room for the night. That was NOT ok with him, so he proceeded to throw a temper tantrum (the likes of which we rarely see). At one point, he threw one of his toys, at which time I proceeded to remove the toys from his room.

A little while later, he emerged from his room and asked if he could have just one toy to play with...his beloved tractor.

This was the conversation that followed:

Mommy: Jacob, I will give you back this tractor, but if you throw it again, I will take it away for good. We do not throw our toys.

Jacob: Why not?

Mommy: Because #1: We could break our toys and that would make us sad, and #2: because that is disrespectful.

Jacob: What's reason number 4?

No comments:

Post a Comment