WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

What a beautiful weekend in Aitkin! We couldn't have asked for more perfect Memorial weather. We spent the weekend at my parents' cabin, enjoying the sun, the opportunity to play outside, the lake, the pontoon, and the company.
Sophia & Nana

Sophia & Cousin Ellie
Out on the LakeBapa & Nana with the Grandkids (minus Nolan...he was napping)
The boat's a rockin'
What a fun day!!

Every year, I look forward to Memorial Day weekend because we get Monday off. But this year was the first year I realized the amount of sacrifice given so that I can enjoy my extra long weekend. My dear friend, Steph, and her 3 month old son, Jack, saw their husband/dad, Bryan, off today. He will be over in Afghanistan for a year, serving our country. And while I can't imagine the anguish they all must have been feeling when they said goodbye, I am grateful beyond words, that there are men & women out there who are willing to give so much to create a safe home for me & our family. So, when you read this, please say a prayer for Bryan...for his protection and a very fast and safe return!!

No comments:

Post a Comment