WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Joy

JOY. It's a virtue I've always strived to attain, but always felt that I fell short of living it. I guess those early mornings come too frequently in our house (you know the ones, when the world is knocking at your door and you still haven't had a good cup of chai tea).

But on Sunday, our pastor, Bob Merritt, spoke about cultivating a life of joy and presented 3 signs of a joyful life (if you have a few minutes and want to listen to the full message, click on Bob's name above):

1. Confidence in the Lord
2. Contentment in your life
3. Thankfulness


Now, I have to admit that I don't possess all of those signs all the time, but as I ponder each, I find that they do exist in my life. 1. Each day, the Lord shows His sovereignty in my life, by being present in good and bad. 2. At the tender age of 30, I've finally figured out that "things" don't make me content, and while I still struggle with wanting more, I'm realizing that I don't NEED more. 3. I am thankful for all the blessings in my life, big or small (great kids, a loving husband, supportive family, wonderful friends).

Joy is a choice we make. A conscious decision every morning. It's not what someone else can give us, or money can buy us, or possessions can provide us. It's making the choice to find the little joys in life every day. I have decided to make a choice to cultivate joy in my life. Afterall, who doesn't want to be around someone that is joyful? And so I ask you...what brings you joy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment