WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Friday, April 30, 2010

Tasty Treat

I'm on a kick...a kick to make things from scratch. Not sure where this motivation came from (maybe it's the food budget that Craig has put me on)...and in order to figure out the most cost-efficient way to feed our family, I'm becoming a Make-it-Yourself kinda gal!

Today, I decided to make chewy granola bars from scratch. And with hardly any time, I produced a tasty treat! So, if you're interested, here's the recipe:

4 T butter
1/2 C. brown sugar, packed
1/4 C. honey
2 C. granola
1 C. rice cereal
1/4 C. chocolate chips
1/4 C. peanut butter chips

Combine butter & honey in a saucepan over medium-high heat:

Stir in brown sugar after butter starts to melt. Bring the mix to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low & simmer until sugar dissolves (about 2 min.). Remove from heat:
Add granola & rice cereal. Fold them into the honey mixture until evenly coated:
Spread into an ungreased 9x9 pan. Press firmly with a spatula until evenly filled. Sprinkle chips over the top and press them down gently:
Put pan in the refrigerator until cooled (about 30 min). Cut into bars:
YUMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment