WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010.
Wow! Does that sound weird to anyone else?! How fast the time goes! My parents' always used to say that. And I'd always think to myself, "What planet are you on?" I couldn't wait to grow up, get married, have a career, have kids, live in my OWN house...and here I am. Married, had a career, have 2 kids, have a new "career", live in our own house. And, the time has FLOWN!

Just 10 years ago, we were entering into a new millenium. And I think back to how much my life has changed since then....

2000 - I was in my Jr. year of college. Y2K was on everyone's mind.
2001 - I met Craig. 9-11 happened. I graduated from college.
2002 - I was hired on full-time at Kemps in the HR department. Bought my first car (VW Passat) without my parents' help!!
2003 - Craig and I got engaged!! That was one great 4th of July!
2004 - Craig and I got married...along with 5 other family members that year. We moved into our first home together.
2005 - I started grad school and found out that we were going to have a baby
2006 - Jacob was born & life would never be the same! I quit my job at Kemps to finish up my final year of grad school.
2007 - Craig left DeWalt for a pharmaceutical job at Shire. I graduated with my Masters from Bethel. Jacob turned 1. I decided to be a full-time stay-at-home mom and we all surprised everyone with the announcement that we'd be adding another Person to the family.
2008 - Jacob turned 2. Craig left Shire for a medical device job at Bard. Sophia was born! Jacob broke his femur and was in a full body cast.
2009 - We finished off our basement. Jacob turned 3. Sophia turned 1. Craig has had an outstanding year at his job. And I'm still loving being a stay-at-home mom.

This past decade has thrown us some surprises. It's been filled with some amazingly joyful moments and some heart break. But it's been a great decade! And we're so looking forward to what comes our way in the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment