WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Friday, December 25, 2009

Another Christmas, Come & Gone

I'm always amazed at how quickly Christmas passes. For me, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is my FAVORITE time of year. Putting up the tree, hanging the stockings, buying the presents...and this year, more than ever, seeing Christmas through the eyes of our kids. It brings back a magic to Christmas that I haven't truly felt since I was little.

And, then you blink, and it's over. The day after Christmas always feels a little depressing. The anticipation is gone, you're left with a HUGE bill to cover the cost of all your gifts, and the kids are already asking for new toys while in line at Target.

But I remembered this year, that Christmas is what you make of it. You can dwell on the money, the food, the clean-up, the stress...or, you can enjoy each moment. Like the minute your kids realize that Santa really DID come! Or the look on your husband's face when he sees that movie in his stocking (the one you've been trying to convince him NOT to buy for the past 2 weeks). It's the laughter between the girls and the plethera of food. It's not the stuff you get on Christmas, it's the memories you make. And while another Christmas has come and gone, the thing I'm most thankful for is the memories I made with the people I love the most!
Merry Christmas!
From the Person's

1 comment:

  1. So true...isn't it amazing that as we get older we begin to realize that there is nothing worth stressing about? I mean, our kids love everything and our family just wants time! You got it right this year!!! I love the family pic!!

    ReplyDelete