I think the greatest responsibility as a Christian parent is to raise your kids with a heart for the Lord and to guide them in their faith to a point where they understand and come to know the Lord on their own. For those of you who know Jacob, he's WAY beyond his years in verbal ability...sit alone in the car with him for any amount of time, and you'll see why. The other day, we were in the car, listening to the local Christian radio station. "Blessed be Your Name" came on. And this is the conversation that followed:
JACOB: Mommy, what is this song about?
MOMMY: It's about praising God.
JACOB: God in Heaven?
MOMMY: Yes, God in Heaven, but God in your heart too.
JACOB: I don't feel God in my heart.
MOMMY: Well, you don't always feel Him, but He's all around us.
JACOB: I don't think He's in my heart though.
MOMMY: Well, you just have to ask Him to live there.
Jacob paused for a long time, and then very quietly in the back seat I heard,
"God, will you live in my heart, please?"
Another long pause.
"Mommy!! I really think He heard me!!"
Such a simple prayer. Such an honest request. But at that very moment, all of Heaven rejoiced!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment