
As you all know...Jacob is quite the talker. Below are a list of my favorite things he's said lately:
* Like many parents, booboos are treated with kisses. Well, after several attempts to get Jacob to lay down for his nap, I warned him that if he got out of bed again, he would get a spanking. Sure enough, as soon as I closed the door, he opened it again. I took him into the bedroom, explained that he would get a spanking for not obeying. After a mild spanking, Jacob looked at me and said, "Owww, Mommy!" And turning over, he pointed to his back-side and proceded to demand, "Kiss it!"
* We've been trying to encourage potty training lately. After a short nap, Jacob came down the stairs with a strong scent of #2 following behind him. I asked him if he had anything he wanted to tell me. "No", he said. "Are you sure there's nothing you want to tell me?" I retorted. "Nope. And I'm DEFINITELY not going to tell you that I just pooped!"
* All morning, Jacob had been pushing my buttons. I had mentioned several times that he was driving me nuts and that I was going crazy. As we exited Costco, Jacob asked me where we were going next. "We're going home", I told him. "No we're not!" he replied. "Well, where do you think we're going?" "We're not going home, we're going CRAZY!"
* We got an emotions sheet at ECFE that we have posted on the refrigerator. I encourage Jacob to point to the face that best describes his emotions. One morning, he got up and went to his emotions sheet. "Mommy, today I feel sad." "Really? Why do you feel sad today?" I replied. "I miss my daddy. Do you miss your lover?" (For those of you who don't know, "Lover" is Craig's nickname for me). :)
* Like many parents, booboos are treated with kisses. Well, after several attempts to get Jacob to lay down for his nap, I warned him that if he got out of bed again, he would get a spanking. Sure enough, as soon as I closed the door, he opened it again. I took him into the bedroom, explained that he would get a spanking for not obeying. After a mild spanking, Jacob looked at me and said, "Owww, Mommy!" And turning over, he pointed to his back-side and proceded to demand, "Kiss it!"
* We've been trying to encourage potty training lately. After a short nap, Jacob came down the stairs with a strong scent of #2 following behind him. I asked him if he had anything he wanted to tell me. "No", he said. "Are you sure there's nothing you want to tell me?" I retorted. "Nope. And I'm DEFINITELY not going to tell you that I just pooped!"
* All morning, Jacob had been pushing my buttons. I had mentioned several times that he was driving me nuts and that I was going crazy. As we exited Costco, Jacob asked me where we were going next. "We're going home", I told him. "No we're not!" he replied. "Well, where do you think we're going?" "We're not going home, we're going CRAZY!"
* We got an emotions sheet at ECFE that we have posted on the refrigerator. I encourage Jacob to point to the face that best describes his emotions. One morning, he got up and went to his emotions sheet. "Mommy, today I feel sad." "Really? Why do you feel sad today?" I replied. "I miss my daddy. Do you miss your lover?" (For those of you who don't know, "Lover" is Craig's nickname for me). :)
Laugh out loud funny, Christine! Jacob is a hoot!
ReplyDeleteOh my word, Christine! Those are awesome!! I loved reading them!
ReplyDelete