WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Removing Tats

I'm not sure what it is about kids and temporary tatoos. Mine LOVE them! Even Sophia, who's the girliest-girl, has no problems stomping around with a tatoo of an octopus on her arm. And as a mom who is pretty OCD, those darn tatoos don't like to come off with just soap and water. They make you scrub!

So, after a week with tatted up kids, it was time to take them off. I found the best solution...a paper towel and a little olive oil. Sophia was first. She didn't mind that I almost rubbed her arm right off. She thought it was cool that the octopus that was once there, was magically gone.

But Jacob was a little more skiddish. He's not fan of anything that requires sitting still, and despite that his younger sister was still smiling, he thought that pain would somehow be involved. A couple dabs of the olive oil and I began scrubbing.

"Owww! Mommy...that hurts! Please stop!"
Sophia, who was sitting right next to him, looked over and said, "Suck it up, kid! It's just olive oil!"

There's nothing more humbling than getting schooled by your little sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment