WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Decade

Hard to believe a decade has passed since 9/11. And like most people in the country, I've been reflecting all day on those events that changed our history. It's funny how you can remember exactly where you were when you heard the news. I remember I was student teaching when another teacher came into the class to tell us. The rest of the day was spent with our 8th graders talking about terrorism...expressing our concerns, fears, sadness. That evening, I remember spending hours glued to the TV with Craig and my roommates, watching the horrific scenes taking place...feeling totally helpless, vulnerable and scared.

Over the years, the memories have faded, the country has picked itself up and move forward. But watching the images replayed today brought me back to that first day and crying over the state of our world. Realizing that we have brought 3 beautiful children into this world...and finding myself praying for our Lord's protection over them.

Then I heard something on the radio. Something that brought me an immeasurable amount of peace:

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment