For Jacob...this is an old hat! He's a pro and was excited to get back to his classroom, teachers and learning. Sophia was just excited to have a whole room of dress-up clothes, doll houses and a miniature toilet. Hey...whatever makes them happy, right!?!
After a prayer for our day, we were off. A couple hugs, a few tears, and lots of kisses and their day began. I found myself on the drive home praying that their day would be spectacular!
"So, Sophia did you have a good day?" I asked when we got in the car.
"No. I didn't have a good day," she replied. "I had a GREAT day! And I've decided I'd like to wear my underwear all the time now...no more diapers."
I honestly think I heard angels rejoicing!
Then we went back to school at 2:00 to pick up Jacob. He was a little more reserved this year...most of his best friends from last year went to Kindergarten, so he was faced with the understanding that he would kind of have to start over when it came to friends in his class. But he was all grins when his class was dismissed too. His stories about the day included his awesome lunch and the new friends he made...one of which even liked to play Batman with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment