After 1 1/2 years of pure anticipation, Craig and I checked off one of the things on our "bucket list"...to see U2 in concert! The buzz around town was that the traffic and parking getting into Minneapolis would be terrible, and so, being the exceptional planners that we are...drove down 5 hours before the concert, in hopes that we would find a parking spot. Much to our surprise, it was pretty empty, and we found an awesome spot only blocks from the stadium...which just meant we had 5 hours to kill before the concert.
I have to say, we had a great time wandering the streets and people watching. Not to mention getting a glimpse of the U2 stage, AKA. The Claw...
We met a few friends down there for dinner and drinks ahead of the concert, and then made our way to the new TCF Stadium to take in the outdoor concert.
We met a few friends down there for dinner and drinks ahead of the concert, and then made our way to the new TCF Stadium to take in the outdoor concert.
Now, I'm not a concert veteran. Don't get me wrong, I've been to my fair share of concerts, but I wouldn't say I'm an expert at them. But this concert was, BY FAR, the BEST concert I have ever been to. Granted, I'm partial to U2...who isn't, really? But if you ever have the opportunity to see them in concert...DO IT! You definitely won't regret it.And just so you don't feel a little left-out of the fun, here's a glimpse of one of my favorite songs: "Where the Streets Have No Name"

No comments:
Post a Comment