WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mini Weekend Project

Originally, this weekend was supposed to be a quiet weekend. Craig was going to take the kids to the cabin so I could spend uninterrupted time at home painting all the woodwork & walls in Jacob's room. Unfortunately, the weather didn't exactly cooperate, so Craig decided to leave Saturday morning for the cabin instead of Friday afternoon.

Friday afternoon - 1st coat of primer on woodwork...check

Unfortunately, Sophia woke up in the middle of the night with a very high fever & a terrible cough...keeping Craig & I awake most of the night. With a fun case of croupe, the whole family got to stay home. So much for a quiet weekend!

Saturday - coats 1 & 2 of the paint on the woodwork...check

I woke up Sunday morning with a resolution to finish painting the walls in one coat. I bought high quality stuff...there's no reason I shouldn't be able to do that!?! Boy was I wrong! What I foolishly thought would take 1 1/2 hours, ended up taking me 3!

But, it's done! Jacob's room is now donned with a fresh coat of paint (butter yellow, not khaki), white woodwork (FINALLY!), and his newest pride & joy...his bunk bed!

Now, if we can just get him to go to bed and actually sleep, we'll be well on our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment