WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Monday, June 28, 2010

Bucket List

I am NOT a runner! Never have been. I'm convinced my body was not meant to be hurled through space at any sort of speed for any given amount of time. God gave me legs to get me from point A to point B...that's it! But after my mom was diagnosed with Lymphoma last December, I wanted to do something for a disease I can't do anything about.

After a couple days of researching, I found out that the American Cancer Society has marathons spread throughout the country...one of which conveniently was held in Seattle (where my sister, Michelle, lives). I called my mom & sister, proposed we train and do a 1/2 marathon together, and before we knew it, we were registered.

This past Wednesday, my mom & I flew out for a long weekend in Seattle...with the culmination being on Saturday morning as we started our first 1/2 marathon together. 13.1 miles...doesn't sound like a lot, but track it in your car...it's a lot longer than you would think. And even though it was long, we got some great sights along the way...from Lake Washington to Puget Sound to Downtown Seattle and into Qwest Field. Local bands played great tunes along the way to keep us motivated. And despite being a little sore and the inability to walk right for the rest of the day, we FINISHED!

So, not only did I get to experience an amazing accomplishment with my mom & sister, I can now check a 1/2 marathon off my bucket list.

1 comment:

  1. Way to Go Ladies! I think that is awesome! And you have a *GOLD* medal to show for it! I love the pic of all 3 of you! Soo great...I need to sign up for something, I feel like a total loser right now..I mean prego and finishing a half...what is my excuse???

    ReplyDelete