WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Friday, May 7, 2010

Immune Systems of Steal...or Not

Last Thursday, we got a note in Jacob's PO box at school that he had been exposed to strep throat. I didn't think much of it. I never had strep, so I wasn't too concerned. But the next morning, Craig called me from Duluth, complaining of a sore throat and aching muscles. Sure enough, he had it.

After a few days, Craig was finally on the mend. And nearly a week after he came down with it, I thought the kids and I must be "carriers". We were fine! I held my head high thinking that I had passed on to the kids an immune system of steal!

Unfortunately, after a fun night visiting Craig in Duluth, I woke up to the same symptoms Craig had. And after a LONG 2 hour drive home, with the kids screaming, singing & laughing in the car, I made it to the Minute-Clinic only to find out that, YES, I, too, had strep. Guess I spoke too soon. "At least the kids didn't get it", I thought.

You'd think I had learned my lesson about speaking too soon. Sure enough, 2 days later, both Sophia & Jacob were diagnosed with it. Fortunately for them (and us), they had no symptoms. So, I guess we're a regular family....no supermen among this group! And now I've got a long weekend of sterilizing ahead of me! YAHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment