WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Catch Up

Where has the time gone!?! I feel like my updating skills have seriously lacked in the past couple months. Craig's traveling has become a lot more frequent, so I guess with him being out of town all week/every week, I haven't had much time to think about taking pictures and posting. So, as pathetic as it may be, I thought I'd just do one simple post about what we've been up to the past couple weeks.

2 weeks ago, we passed our parental roles over to Grandma & Papa and Nana & Bapa for a long weekend while Craig and I boarded a plane for Cabo. Craig's district won District of the Year last year and the prize was an all-expense paid trip to Cabo. We had beautiful weather! 90 and sunny! Craig went deep-sea fishing with his team and was the only one to catch a marlin...weighing in at 140 lbs...it was certainly a highlight of his trip! (pictures to come). While he was out catching big game fish, ATVing on sand dunes & taking jetskis out through the famous Cabo Arch, I was laying by the pool drinking non-alcoholic pina coladas and reading! What a great time we had!

Last week, while Craig was in Duluth, Jacob, Sophia & I, spent the week at home, enjoying the sunny weather. Lots of picnics and parks! Jacob also received his new bunk bed! And while he claims that he loves it, has yet to spend a full night in it. Oh well...he's excited to soon be sharing it with Sophia when we claim her room for the new baby.

Jacob also had his last day of preschool! Hard to believe he's already done with his first year. It sure went fast, and we couldn't have asked for better teachers. Jacob has accelerated in just 9 months and, despite their desire to have him in their class again next year, think he needs something more challenging. So, Jacob will start the extended-day program next year.

This weekend, we met Craig up at the cabin in Grand Rapids. We were fortunate enough that our friends Kari & Dave could join us with their boys, Connor & Ryan. The weather was touch and go for a while there, but we managed to get some good boat trips in as well as a nice bonfire.

Sophia playing in the water. BRRR!!
Jacob & his buddy, Connor, braving the chilly waters for a photo op.
All in all, it's been a great couple weeks. The kids & I drove home this afternoon while Craig made his way back to Duluth for another week of biopsies. But 5 more days and we're back together for another weekend at the cabin. Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment