WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Color Run

This past winter, I signed up to run in the Color Run 5K with a couple friends.  Within 24 hours of the run, my friends ended up having to back out, which left me to run the race by myself.  As someone who has a physical and mental adversion to running, doing this by myself didn't sound like much fun and I was tempted to back out.
Jacob approached me with a whole new idea...what if he took one of the spots and we ran it together?
At first, I thought there was no way!  Jacob had never run a 5K before, and I really didn't think he'd be able to finish.  But the more I thought about it, the more I decided that the worst case scenario would be that he'd get tired, and we'd have to leave the course.
Much to my surprise, Jacob hung with it the whole way.  I motivated him when he got tired, and he ran ahead when I got tired, which meant my only option was to chase him down.  I couldn't lose face by losing to a 7-year-old, right!?! 
In the end, we completed the 5K in 32 minutes...a 10 minute/mile pace.
Not bad for 2 non-runners!
In fact, we had so much fun, we decided to do it again next year...and run a few moe 5Ks inbetween.



No comments:

Post a Comment