WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Baptism

As a kid growing up, I remember my Dad always telling me, "My greatest priority as a parent is to make sure you get to Heaven".  I'd nod my head and smile, but I always thought it was an odd thing to say.  Shouldn't his priority be to make sure I was fed?
Or I had a warm bed to sleep in?
Or see me get into the right college?
Or marry the right guy?
But it wasn't until I held Jacob, Sophia & Jack in my arms after they were born, that I realized the reality of my dad's priority.  Our time on earth is so short, and life is so fragile.  The only guarantee we have to always be together is to see them chose to follow Jesus, so we can spend eternity in Heaven together.
This past February, our church held an indoor baptism and Jacob decided it was time to publicly proclaim his faith in Christ.
So, on July 14th, with Craig by his side, they were baptized together in Lake Johanna.
What a joy-filled day!





No comments:

Post a Comment