For the past couple months, Jacob's school has been encouraging the students to earn money for a non-profit organization that digs wells for villages in Africa. The other night, I asked Jacob how much money he would like to donate (he's been saving for a few months to help buy a dog), so I was surprised to hear him offer 25% of the amount in his "Dog Jar". "They need water more than I need a dog, Mom."
So, the next day, Jacob went off to school with money in hand, and donated it during their chapel time. His generosity and heart for others brought me to tears. He's been asking, no, BEGGING, for a dog for over 5 years, so to donate 25% of his dog money was a BIG deal!
I shared the story of his generosity to Nana and Bapa, who explained to Jacob that God asks us to give of our blessings, because He is the One that gave them to us. But the cool thing, is that God often rewards us for our obedience to Him. And they encouraged Jacob to be watching for ways that God would bless him.
Yesterday, Jacob received a letter in the mail. No return address. No note. Just a 20 dollar bill!! Who could it be from!?! I asked Jacob if he remembered what Nana and Bapa had told him. He was quiet for awhile, the wheels turning in his head. Then, the light went on. "Do you think it's from God!?! And why wouldn't He write me a note?" He sat, staring at the $20, amazed. And then, "Does God really have a post office up there!?!"
Friday, March 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment