WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Baptism Weekend

With Craig and Jacob snowmobiling at the cabin this weekend, I had the opportunity to do some things around the house.  Painting, cleaning, laundry.  Not something that's life-changing, but there's always a sense of accomplishment when it's done.  But in the midst of my non-eventful weekend, God had other plans in store.

Last night, I loaded Sophia & Jack in the car and we headed to church.  It was Baptism weekend at EBC, and a friend's daughter was being baptized.  I wanted to go to celebrate with her, but that was it.  If it were any other baptism weekend, I probably wouldn't have gone.  Not that baptism isn't important, but in the 14 years that we have been attending EBC, we've never gone.  Baptism weekend is for those who are being baptized, not those that already have.  And what would I get out of it? 

Much to my surprise, this was probably one of my favorite services ever experienced at Eagle Brook.  I sat in the back of the sanctuary, and watched as our little campus baptized nearly 50 people!!  Tears were readily flowing as I watched people from age 7-70 publicly declare their commitment to follow the Lord.  At one point, a young man, with severe disabilities, struggled to enter the baptism pool.  With the help of our pastors, he stood with his arms crossed, waiting for the symbolic moment.  As he emerged from the water, his face was transformed, if only for a minute, and he was grinning from ear to ear!

I sat in my seat, in awe of the way God was working in people.  He's always working, I just sometimes don't take the time to notice.  But in that service, in a room full of strangers, God's work was evident.  It was obvious.  It was intentional.  It was powerful.  And I will never miss a baptism weekend again!

No comments:

Post a Comment