I didn't think it was that long ago that I posted on our blog. But this morning when I wandered over to our site, I was shocked to find that it had been over 2 months since I last wrote! Goodness! I remember when I used to be so good at updating, and here I am, a little behind with a LOT to catch up.
I emailed my phone pictures to my email account, found my camera and headed downstairs to the office for a little quiet time in the office. Only problem...my camera memory card isn't working. So, all our pictures from Thanksgiving, the kids's Christmas Programs at school, Christmas and New Years are lost. Fortunately for me, I'm not much of a photographer, so there weren't many to lose. I guess that's what happens when I rely on my ridiculously talented friend, Tarah, and sister-in-law, Jamie, to take all the pictures for our family.
So, I will catch you up the old fashioned way...with words...and promise to do better of updating the blog in the future.
THANKSGIVING
With Craig's brothers spending Thanksgiving at their in-laws this year, Craig and I hosted Thanksgiving for our parents at our house. It was the first time I ever cooked a turkey, or stuffing, or mashed potatoes. Eek! Not the best time for firsts. But with some help from my mom, the turkey turned out great, along with all the fixings. We had more food than we knew what to do with, and it was a GREAT day!
On Friday, the whole Prentice family headed up to Brainerd for our annual "Lighting of the Town" in Nisswa. We stayed at a waterpark, swam to our hearts content, braved the frigid temps to see Nisswa's Christmas Light display, and swam some more. It was great to be with the whole family and the kids had a blast!
CHRISTMAS and NEW YEARS
We also hosted Christmas Eve at our house this year with the Prentice side. With Nana and Bapa's house under construction, and Scott & Molly building their dream home, our place was the logical choice. Our traditional appetizer dinner was delicious (although, I tend to pass on the appetizers in order to save more room for cookies...I have a sweet tooth, what can I say!?!).
Nana and Bapa spent the night and joined us for opening Santa gifts in the morning, along with Christmas breakfast. It was fun to extend our Christmas with them.
Then up to Grandma & Papa's for Christmas Day! A traditional Christmas dinner and a lot more gifts to open. At one point, I sat back and watched the wonderful chaos and reminded myself how incredibly blessed we all are! It's probably something I should be more mindful of on a daily basis.
We spent a week up in Grand Rapids at the cabin for New Years. There was lot of snowmobiling, ice skating and sledding. We played tons of games, watched movies, and had great conversations. It's always fun to ring in the New Year up north!
KID UPDATE
Jacob is still loving his new school. Kindergarten is fitting him well. He comes home with books to read and homework to complete...all things that work to keep him challenged. He's one SMART cookie! We are prayerful that the finances will fall into place so he can attend Calvin again next year. God is good and we know that He knows what's best for Jacob when he enters 1st grade.
Sophia is thriving at preschool. She loves the extended day program that she is in. She is quickly becoming a leader in her class, and is quite a brilliant colorer. Between her eye for color and her passion for fashion...I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a fashion designer when she grows up. She joined gymnastics this fall and quickly excelled through the beginner level. She is now in Tots II and doing a great job. She's a natural!
Jack is a bruiser! There's a reason he's been given the nickname "Honey Badger". He is remarkably clever (especially when it comes to treats). He always figures out a way to get what he wants. Jack has a great sense of humor and will laugh at just about anything. His smile is contagious and he gives the best hugs. We're pretty sure he's going to be a linebacker when he's old enough!
And so with that, you are up-to-date on the Person family. We hope you had a wonderful holiday season and staying warm! Looking forward to keeping you updated more regularly on what's going on with us.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment