The past couple days have got me thinking about the future. Whether you voted for Obama or Romney, the future is coming. It's right around the corner. That's the amazing thing about time...you can't change it once it's past, and you can't stop it from coming.
I admit, I spent a good hour after the elections last night fretting over the future. What will life be like for our kids? What will the state of the country be in 4 years when it's time to vote again? What can I do to make a difference? The weight of the country rests of the shoulders of one man. One man! That's it!
But then I read a post on Facebook, a few verses from a woman who I have come to admire and it brought an alarming sense of security in this unknown future we are all facing:
"No anxiousness, only prayer and petition. Put your hope in our Lord, Jesus Christ, and not a mere man. I'm glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess...Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." -Philippians 4:6-7, 10-14 MSG
The truth is, our future does rest on the shoulders of one man, but not the one that just got re-elected last night. Our future rests on the shoulders of the One who created it all. He is in control. His will be done. So rest a little easy and "Don't be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." - Corrie ten Boom
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment