Jacob and Sophia are talkers (the apples don't fall far from the tree). But after having 3 kids that have WAY too much to say every day, I've found myself appreciating the silence.
Today was probably one of the most talkative days the kids have had in a long time:
"Why is that car pulled over on the side of the road?"
"Why do dogs shed?"
"How come the moon doesn't stay out all day?"
"If I throw my monster truck at this window, will it break?"
On our way to Costco this evening, the questions weren't letting up. So, I decided to impliment a new policy: "We're going to be quiet until we get to Costco."
Sophia replied, "Quiet? Like when we have quiet time?"
"Yes, quiet like when you have quiet time."
Then Jacob piped in, "Ugh! That sounds even worse than regular quiet time!"
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment