WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lego Mania!

Jacob received a Lego Police Station for Christmas this year. Jacob LOVES Legos, but doesn't always have the patience to build something from a 120 page packet of directions. Enter Mom. So, on Wednesday, Jacob and I sat down at the dining room table and began building this monstrocity!

After about 1 1/2 hours, we took a break, hid the pieces from the Lego-eating Vortex, also known as Jack, and then proceeded for another 1 1/2 hours to complete it during Jack's afternoon nap.

I have to admit, there was a real sense of accomplishment. What started as 9 bags and HUNDREDS of individual pieces, turned into this really cool Police Station, with working garage doors, a 2-celled jail, forensics lab and helicopter landing pad. Jacob was so proud of it and spent the next 2 days playing with it non-stop!

Fast forward to Friday. Jacob had a playdate. And, because 5 year old really care how clean the house is where they're playing, I decided to tidy up. My intention was just to move the police station up to Jacob's room, so it wasn't taking up so much space on the counter. With a little bit of inattentiveness mixed with a little bit of genetic clutsiness, before I knew it, the entire police station was on the floor in millions of little pieces. I immediately gasped and giggled (out of pure disbelief!), and Jacob immediately fell to his knees and proceeded to cry for 20 minutes.

The good news? I rebuilt the whole thing later that day. But next time I'll think twice before I "tidy up" for a playdate!

No comments:

Post a Comment