WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Out of Our Hands

The past few weeks have been a character builder for me. I tend to like things to go my way. I like to be in control. And I don't like to wait for answers. But it seems God has other plans. It seems He wants me to give up control and let Him take over. Easily said...not so easily done. I've been reading this book and in one chapter, the author talks about control. She gives an example of a little girl at the swimming pool with her dad. She's clinging on to her father's neck, and as he gets deeper, the more frightened she becomes. In reality, it doesn't matter where she is in the pool, the water is too deep for her, which requires her to be completely reliant on her father for her safety. It is so much like me. Even the smallest of life situations are out of my control. And here's the real kicker...they were never in my control to begin with. I can think I'm holding on to all these things, but I'm still in over my head. Only clinging to my Heavenly Father allows me the peace to live in and through these situations. He's in control. All I need to do is hold on! God answers. It's not always in our timing. But He does answer. For the past 2 weeks, we have been praying for miraculous results of my mom's most recent PET scan. Prior to the PET scan last week, her oncologist told her that they needed to start chemotherapy in order to get her lymphoma under control. The thought of my mom having to go through chemo was heart-wrenching, but I knew that God is greater than chemo. He's greater than cancer. And so we prayed. Today, my mom got the results of her PET scan. Not only did her lymphoma activity not grow...it SIGNIFICANTLY decreased!! So much so that the radiologist who read her scans thought she had already gone through chemo treatment! Needless to say, her chemo treatments have been postponed and we are praising God for miraculous results! This has been such a wonderful reminder to let go of control and give God room to work. It's easier said than done, but I encourage you to let go of whatever you're holding on to. Give it up to God, and get it out of your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment