WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Soak It All In!

Preschool. Jacob's been having a hard time going into the class by himself lately, often asking me if I could stay with him. And each time we say goodbye, we give each other a kiss and say "I love you". Within moments of Sophia & me turning toward the door, I feel a squeeze on my leg, another little kiss, and a quiet whisper, "I love you, Mommy!" And I watch as Jacob, with a pouty lip, hesitantly walks into class.

For a week or so, I was kind of annoyed by this (I know, I know...I'm not going to win the "Mother of the Year" award with that attitude). But he used to be so excited to go to school. I'd barely get a kiss and a hug from him, and he'd be in the classroom singing, dancing & laughing. So, maybe some of you can relate to my frustration when that all changed, and I got to be the mom of the "Crier".

And then, one morning, I realized something...these moments won't be here forever. There will soon come a day when Jacob won't want to give me a kiss, or a hug, or say "I love you" in front of his friends. Heck! He probably won't even want to be seen within 50 feet of me!

So, I've changed my tune. Despite the tears and the clinging to my leg, I'm going to appreciate his carismatic love for me. I'm going to cherish every lingering hug...every wet kiss...and every tear-filled "I love you". I'm going to enjoy it and soak it all in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment