WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!
We have been richly blessed and it is with joy that we share our greatest joys with you.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy!
The Person Family

Monday, March 2, 2009

Time Out for Mommy

I've been working with Jacob to not interrupt while I'm on the phone. Today, the roles reversed. Jacob was "talking" on the "phone", and I asked him a question. The following conversation is what took place next:

Jacob: Mommy, you interrupted while I was on the phone. You need to go into timeout now.
Mommy: But I don't want to go into timeout.
Jacob: Please don't argue with me. Just go in timeout.
Mommy (proceeding to timeout):
WAAAA!!! WAAAA! I WANT MY BLANKET!!!
Jacob: You sit there until I come and get you.
Mommy: Timeout's over, Jacob! Come get me.
Jacob: I'll tell you when it's over...and it's not yet.
After a couple minutes...
Jacob: Timeout is over. Do you know why you got a timeout, Mommy?
Mommy: Because I interrupted you when you were on the phone.
Jacob: Yes, that's right. What do you say?
Mommy: Sorry, Jacob. Giving Jacob a hug & kiss
Jacob:
That's OK. Now go play.

1 comment: