My parents always loved to play April Fools jokes on my brother and me growing up. Like, waking me up at 6am on a Saturday to make me clean up a mess my dog DIDN'T make. Or running into my room to tell me that my car was rolling down the driveway into the street. Then there was always the typical ketchup that looks like blood routine. Needless to say, I'm VERY aware when April 1st comes around and I'm skeptical about everything.
This year on April Fools Day, Jacob's friend, Mason, was over playing. I was in the house cleaning up from lunch and the boys were outside. Mason's dad, Erik, ran into the house and yelled, "Christine, Jacob just fell off his bike and I think he broke his collar bone!" My stomach dropped and for a moment, panic ran through me. Then I realized that it was April Fools and gave him a skeptical look. He grinned and told me that I should come outside anyway.
I walked outside to find Jacob down at the end of the driveway, facedown in the grass. I decided to put on my best performance and sprinted down to his side. "Oh Jacob! Are you alright!?!" He started giggling and yelled "April Fools!" We all had a good laugh.
In the meantime, Sophia was a little irked that she didn't get to participate in fooling anyone on this special day, so she turned around, dropped her pants, mooned all of us, and yelled, "April Fools!" I guess she still hasn't learned what April Fools is all about.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment