Sorry for the serious neglect on the updates! This past month has been a whirlwind! On November 10th, we purchased a new home. Over the next week and a half, Craig, the kids, and I spent the majority of our time going between our new house and old one, meeting contractors, packing up boxes, and preparing for the upcoming move.
Within 10 days of closing on our new house, we were moved in! We spent a couple days cleaning our old one, in preparation for the new renters, and just like that, we said goodbye to our old house! It didn't hit me until I walked out the door for the last time...looking into the empty living room that witnessed so many memories.
The last night in our house, Jacob laid his head in my lap and sobbed. "I changed my mind, I don't want to move! I have too many memories in this house!" I couldn't help but feel a little bit the same:
*This was the first house Craig and I bought together
*This was the first house our kids came home to after the hospital
*This was where we had 1st birthday parties and holiday dinners
*This wasn't just our first house...it was our first home.
So, for 20 minutes, Jacob and I talked about our favorite memories in the house...rocking him to sleep at night when he was a baby, him learning to ride his bike without training wheels. And then we talked about all the new memories we would have in our new house...riding the bus on his first day of Kindergarten, getting our first pet.
As much as I loved our old house, I've been reminded over the past couple weeks that a house is just a house...it's our family that makes it a home.
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment